Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm out of the running.

I have a lengthy list of "good mom" criteria constantly scrolling through my hormonally and emotionally ravaged parent brain. I try my best but here is picture proof that the Mother of the Year award will be going elsewhere.


My otherwise easy-going, affectionate, happy little guy is angry at me in these pictures because...
I insisted that we would eat dinner (lovingly prepared by Pizza Hut) as a family at the table instead of in front of the T.V. watching Sponge Bob.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

Alex will thank you later!!! In my book you are definitely in the running for Mother of the Year!!! It is hard to get everyone together for dinner!!! Way to go!!! Eating dinner together is one of my favorite things that my Mom "made" us do!!!

Amy and Brad said...

Those pictures of Alec are hilarious! You know it's serious when Mr. Easy-Going gets mad! :)

PS - I'm completely impressed if that's the best mother-of-the-year-negating evidence you can produce! You get two thumbs up, my friend!

Kellie said...

What kind of a mother do you think you are?!!! Pizza Hut at the dinner table - how ridiculous. I laugh because I wonder what goes on in those little kids heads. How cute are those pictures - blackmail down the road!!!

Debbie said...

Wow. I've seen that exact expression in our house lately too. One of Daniel's favorite angry faces.

Kids seem so shocked when they ask you to turn the tv off for meals. We ask so much of them, right?

Deanna Quinton Larson said...

You? Out of the running? Then I'm not even in the race! Such a cutie! LOL Way to go gettig him to the table. That can be so hard!

The Bullknitter said...

Ok, so my friend's kids thought she was the meanest mom in the world and she said, I'm not the meanest mom, if I was I would make you eat broccoli. Then they were at their aunt's house and she made the cousins eat broccoli and the kids all said, Aunt ??? is the meanest mom in the world. I'd vote for you for Mother of the Year.