I got my braces off today and I am still smiling!
Ten More Reasons to Smile Today:
1. I got to hold and love baby Ava. She is a miracle and a blessing. Her spirit is thick and comforting. I love her.
2. Alec was super excited when he saw my braces gone. He has exercised a year of self-control when near my face. When I showed him my teeth, he squished my face and exclaimed, "Ooooh. Now I can do *chubby cheeks* so, so, so hard!"
3. Todd is starting to "get" Jr. High little by little. The last three weeks have been socially and organizationally miserable. I love him. He's trying hard.
4. Kenna has been a dream about getting up and ready for school this year. She is definitely a night person so it is a real effort for her to wake up and be cheerful. What a good girl.
5. A woman that I work with at church picked and gave us a giant box of peaches. Mmmmm peaches. I'm going to make some pies tomorrow. I may even get organized enough to take one to a nice girl I know.
6. Because of Facebook, I am back in touch with many great people from my past. The social networking thing can get out of hand so I try to be careful with my time but I am grateful to rekindle old friendships.
7. I arrived home today to lots of loud sounds in my basement. It's a good thing. We are soon to have an extra 1,000 square feet of room to stash stuff that we don't need.
8. My in-laws are back in the country. I so wish their return were under different circumstances. Their love, faith, and direction is a blessing to our family. I love them.
9. My mom and dad are planning a trip to visit us soon. I. Can't. Wait. And it not just because they are coming to watch our kids while we are in Hawaii. I actually really love them too.
10. Look at the three awesome kids surrounding my bright, straight, metal-free smile in the bottom left picture...I bet they even made YOU smile!