Monday, November 8, 2010

Spooooooky Fun

Let it be documented that I participated in the carving of pumpkins this year. I so try to pawn off this messy, smelly tradition to my more fun, even-keeled partner each year but once a decade or so the guilt is overwhelming and I dive in to help. We had fun using carving templates this year. Ever innovative Kenna out-clevered all of us by choosing a white pumpkin and combining two stencils to make her scary boo-toothed grinner. I carved Dracula for Alec and Todd fashioned a Y to show his true blue spirit. Brent sculpted his company logo and took it to work to get a few brownie points.

Costumes were fun this year too. Todd dressed as a scientist bedecked in my old Food Chemistry (fun class...except for the Chemistry) lab coat and Brent's safety goggles. Alec wavered among shark, Batman, astronaut, fox, Darth Vader, and other characters. He settled on shark for the church Trunk-or-Treat and Brent's work party but fifteen minutes before he left to go trick-or-treating, he requested to be a fox. I was thinking how lame his inside-out sweats, paper ears, and dishtowel tail looked when he gave me a giant hug and most sincere thank you for making the costume. He is the best. Kenna's two-year-old desire to be a jellyfish came true when we found these instructions on the Family Fun magazine website.
(Not pictured: ME dressed as a party pooper.)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Coolest pumpkins ever! I, not surprisingly, LOVE Todd's and wish I would have thought of it. I think Brent should keep his Halloween look all year!

Jody said...

Wow everything looks great!! Good to see you the other night!!

Amy and Brad said...

So cute! Love those costumes and love that you let Alec have a year of diverse costumes! That fox costume is impresive - can't believe you pulled that off with 15 min notice! And, again another thing we have in common - I go as a party pooper every year!

Scott said...

Food Chemistry was fun except for the chemistry? What's up with that? Life is fun BECAUSE of chemistry.

Colett's Corner said...

I love Kenna costume. All of your kids look so cute!