Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The plan.


Thank you for your supportive comments. Self-acceptance should be at the top of my pile of options but I think my thighs are covering it up.

My latest rant wasn't intended to be a poorly-masked plea for compliments, although the kind words were a very nice by-product ;), and while running this morning I came up with a simple plan.

Usually I weigh myself several times a day in order to remember that weight fluctuates. This seems to be my undoing of late as I tend to give up or give in when I get below a certain weight and I'm especially bad if I hit that number on Friday or Saturday. So, the plan for this week is to keep up with my current efforts--running a little more, eating a little less--but not to weigh for an entire week.

Radical the plan is not but maybe it will keep me from slipping backwards, especially over the weekend. Other parts of this week's efforts include:
* take Kristen's advice to brush right after dinner,
* drink equal parts of water to DDP (sad that it has to be such an overt effort),
* stock up on salad and veggies for wEAkend snacking.

I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Let me know how the brushing goes. For added effect, use mouthwash!

Melissa said...

I took an intuitive eating class in college, the professor told us to get rid of scales all together. What does a number mean anyway? As long as we "feel" good and healthy than that is what matters, right? I don't know if I could do that, but I'm with you - the less you weigh yourself the less you are going to stress about your weight. Also, if Kenna came to you and said she was fat, how would that make you feel/what would you say to her. I'm sure you would tell her that no matter her size you love her. It's hard for us to remember that, but it's true that no matter our size the people around us love us for who we are not for what we look like. Just so you know, I love you Rita:)

Colett's Corner said...

I weigh all the time too. In fact my kids want to get on every time I pull the scale out. They think it's a game. I wish the game was a little more FUN!!!!!

Jana Jensen said...

Rita I love you and your beautiful sister no matter what, so fun to find your blog, you are fun to read. Jana