Kenna turned 10 on the 10th so here are 10 things I love about Kenna:
10. She is smart but also conscientious and hard-working.
9. Kenna loves to learn. She recently went on a trip to New Mexico with Brent and completed many requirements to earn three Jr. Ranger badges. When she got home, she wrote a trip report about the places she visited.
8. Kenna is a friend to many. When I visit her classroom, she seems like a people magnet.
7. Kenna is tender. She inherited a soft heart from her momma. (Why do I cherish it in here and devalue it in myself?!)
6. Kenna has a quick wit. She is fast to make funny connections and observations.
5. Kenna is forbearing. She is able to set aside immediate wants for another's (usually a crazy brother!) benefit.
4. Kenna is creative. Sometimes this means messy but she loves crafting, drawing, writing, imagining etc.
3. Kenna is a great companion. She's always up for a jaunt to Target or a TV show snuggle. I just love having her around.
2. Kenna's smile and laugh are beautiful and contagious.
1. Kenna is my daughter--my only one. Of my infinite dreams for her, I hope most that she will understand how completely I love her.
Happy Birthday, Kenny Benny!