Tuesday, May 29, 2012

School Events

I took the day off of work today to visit Todd's and Alec's schools. First was Todd's school. I went there to attend the school Awards Ceremony. Todd was presented with the President's Award. There was a bit of confusion as to how you qualify for this award, but I believe you need to earn a 3.5 GPA and also score at least 80% on the End of Level tests. They gave him a certificate and a really nice key chain.


Next I went to Alec's school to watch the First Grade Program. Alec had been sick during the night and missed the first part of school, including their final practice for the program. You could tell he had a rough night because his eyes were drooping and he yawned a few times. Despite running a fever and nearly throwing up at the end of the program, he did a really good job. I hadn't realized before now how much he takes after his older brother in that he can be a real performer. During his solo he wasn't nervous at all. He smiled big, moved to the rhythm, and at one point even looked over at Rita and flashed her a little wink.


I was glad I was able to get the day off and go to these events because they both gave me a chance to be a proud father.

1 comment:

Barb said...

They are so great!! Loved Alex solo!