Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. Every year, I intend to do the whole shebang--hang a flag, cook a turkey, make a pie (okay, BUY a pie...or two or three), force the kids to say 5 things they are thankful for before they dive into the jello, etc.--but the day sneaks up on me and I am unprepared and unmotivated. Today followed the same pattern but I am thankful that you can order Pizza Hut online (avoiding the 16-year-old who is trying to text her boyfriend while she takes your order) and have it delivered for a modest $1.75+tip. Tonight I even splurged and got Hershey's Chocolate Dunkers. (Honestly, you MUST try them.)
Other things I am thankful for today:
* My mom and dad called me tonight. I love them.
* I'm going to visit my sister on Thursday. I can already feel a belly laugh coming on.
* I've got Thursday and Friday OFF.
* I cleaned out a few kitchen cupboards tonight. Love that.
* My kids are great. I had a rough spell with them today but they still love me and I still like them. They make a lot of things harder but everything worth it.
* Sweet Brent keeps trying to keep me level. It's a hard job!