Sunday, November 9, 2008

8 TAG

While I am a little narcissistic and prone to self-disclosure I am also a YES girl. (Remember my favorite word?!). So here are my answers to another Tag. I so avoid these as emails but actually think they are fun on blogs. Don't forget to find out if your name appears in the last category!

8 Favorite TV shows
1. The Office.

2. HGTV Myles of Style and a million other shows on there.

3. Seinfeld. I am one with Elaine.

4. L.A. Ink. It’s like a trainwreck that I can’t look away from.

5. Sponge Bob Square Pants. Actually, I hate the show but I owe Sponge, Patrick, and the rest of the twisted gang a lot of babysitting money. Sad, but true.

6. Star Trek, the old ones. Captain Kirk is a hottie and I love how everything comes down to a fist fight even though they have all sorts of technological weaponry.

7. Malcom in the Middle

8. Any re-run from my childhood including but not limited to: Charlie’s Angels, CHiPs, Dukes of Hazzard, Brady Bunch, Magnum P.I.

8 Favorite Songs
1. Every Breath You Take-The Police

2. Eye of the Tiger-Survivor. I seem to hear this one on my MP3 player at just the right time during my runs.

3. With or Without You-U2

4. Ordinary Miracle-Sara McLachlan

5. Landslide and Cowboy Take Me Away-Dixie Chicks

6. Come Away With Me and Don’t Know Why-Norah Jones

7. Top of the World and Mr. Postman-The Carpenters

8. Bubbly-Cobbie Callat (Cheesy I know but I think about Alec when I hear it. He does make me bubbly!)
8 Favorite Restaurants
1. La Dolce Vita, Provo, UT

2. Ottavios, Provo, UT

3. Pizza-Pasta Factory, St. George, SLC, or Ogden, UT

4. In-and-Out Burger, Anywhere

5. Pepperbelly’s, Kaysville, UT

6. Cheesecake Factory, Anywhere

7. The Melting Pot, Salt Lake City, UT

8. Little Caesar's—Gross, I know but at $5 a pizza, who would ever bother cooking?! Mostly I love it because all three kids will eat it! A rare reality at my house.

8 Favorite Movies

1. Cyrano de Bergerac

2. Nacho Libre

3. My Fair Lady

4. Sound of Music

5. Juno

6. Jean de Florette and Mannon de Source

7. My Mother’s House and My Father’s Glory

8. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
8 Things that happened yesterday
1. Woke up early but not to run...to go to my hair appointment.

2. Consoled my friend on the way home from our hair appointments. She HATED hers. It looked beautiful but wasn’t what she had asked for. Frustrating.

3. Went to lunch with my fun friend from my hometown.

4. Cleaned house. Yeah, you can’t tell today.

5. Reviewed files with my sis-in-law for a new “side” job we are doing for another school district. I’m so looking forward to jumping into this!

6. Filled out most of this TAG. Harder than you might imagine.

7. Took soup and bread to a lady who is sick and to a friend whose grandpa passed away.
8. Looked at and commented on friends’ blogs. Honestly, I’m loving this phenomenon. I feel closer to each person and family that I get to read about.

8 Things I am looking forward to
1. Thanksgiving. I’m feeling an urge to cook a turkey. Funny, huh?

2. Running. I think I’ve finally hit my laziness bottom and am going to amp it up again. Just in time for the freezing cold weather. D’oh. My friend and I are going to run a ½ marathon in April...her 1st. Can’t wait.

3. My mom and dad are going to Mexico! I’m so excited for them.

4. Gardner’s Village Midnight Madness.

5. My sis and fam are coming to visit.

6. A trip to Peru within the next 18 months.

7. Seeing the Twilight movie.

8. A raise! I’ve got enough additional training credits to move me up to the next “lane” on the school district salary table and I increased my work days from 2.5/week to 3/week. What will I do with all that extra cash? See #1 on the next list.
8 Things on my wish list

1. THIS house. Come on, Brent, PLEEEEEASE.

2. Tickets to Wicked coming to SLC in April and May.

3. An illness-free winter.

4. Planet Earth DVD collection.

5. A super clean house.

6. A nap.

7. A happy family.

8. Liposuction.

8 people I tag
1. Suzanne

2. Deanna

3. Amy

4. Kristen

5. Susan

6. Mandy

7. BRENT

8. Kenna Bo-Benna

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I love LA Ink and have decided that for next Halloween I'm dressing as Kat Von D. This was a fun list. I want you to buy that wish list house and I'll get the one two doors down...that would be so nice!

The Bullknitter said...

Ahhh, Magnum. What a hottie.
Wicked - awesome musical. Saw it in NYC a year ago. Loved.It.

Mandy said...

Okay that house IS AMAZING!

Debbie said...

So fun to get to know you better. I would like to see Wicked this year too. And yes, that house looks dreamy! You are so fun, Rita.

Kristen said...

We have so much in common! There was something from each list that I would include in mine. Have you tried the Avacado Eggrolls from Cheesecake Factory? Heaven on earth! See you at Midnight Madness.