Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fall Back

Did you remember to set your clocks back Saturday night for Daylight Saving Time? Happily we have atomic clocks in our master bedroom so we didn't show up for church an hour early (once is enough for that mistake) but there are plenty of other time-keeping devices that don't take care of themselves. So, my question is, who sets the clock back at your house? I'm sure Brent has done it before but I'm staring at the last of our clocks to be reset wondering how long I would have to wait for HIM to do it. (Recall a previous post about Brent's car registration turned in nearly a month late???) I happened to get an email that reminded me of this ugly issue that intrudes in many an otherwise happy marriage...

How many women does it take to change a light bulb?

One! ONLY ONE!!!!

And do you know WHY?... because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb! They don't even know that the bulb is BURNED OUT!! They would sit in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it out... And once they figured it out, they wouldn't be able to find the lightbulbs despite the fact that they've been in the SAME CABINET for the past 12 YEARS! But if they did, by some miracle, actually find them, 2 DAYS LATER, the chair they dragged to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!!!!

AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE WRAPPER THE LIGHT BULBS CAME IN!!! BECAUSE NO ONE EVER PICKS UP OR CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!!!! IT'S A WONDER WE HAVEN'T ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE THAT ARE A FOOT DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS PLACE! AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON WHO CHANGES THE TOILET PAPER ROLL!!

I'm sorry. What was the question?

4 comments:

Kristen said...

The thing I kept thinking when I read this hilarious post was, "Is she talking about Jeff?" You're not alone Rita. My hubby is exactly the same way, bless his heart. I think it is men in general.

Debbie said...

Funny post Rita. And so true. I'm still finding a few clocks that "I" didn't change this weekend.

The Bullknitter said...

Funny story: got married Oct. 5. Time change comes along, newlyweds totally miss it. Show up to church an hour early and think the ward has been translated and we missed it.

Beverly said...

I LOVED THIS!!!!! And don´t get me started on who picks up the socks on the bedroom floor.