Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's a bad day, not a bad life.

I sooo need to internalize this concept. Should I repeat this phrase 50 times each day, tattoo it on my hand, or perhaps sharpie it backward on my forhead so I can read it in the mirror when I'm wiping away tear-streaked mascara smudges? My goodness. I am the Chicken Little of Emotionland.

More frustrating than the inability to maintain perspective amidst trials is the awareness that my challenges are small compared to others' struggles and insignificant when measured against my many blessings. At any rate, I kind of hate today. I hope tomorrow will be better.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Tomorrow will be better. All tomorrows are better, right?

Barb said...

Deets I love you! We can do hard stuff.....We are doing hard stuff. Having mascara streaks are better than eating it.

Zimmerin said...

I hate when, although you know intuitively that you're just having a bad day, or that you're just PMSing, and that things will be good again soon, you still can't shake that dark feeling that makes you want to climb in bed and never get out (or is it just me?). I always have to just remind myself not to make any drastic, life-changing decisions during those sad times (like selling my kids on ebay, running off and joining the circus...you know, those kinds of decisions...). "This, too, shall pass." *Cyber-hug*

Julie Zimmerman said...

Thanks for sharing this. I also need to have this written where I can see it everyday!