Friday, November 2, 2012

Lights Concert with Kenna

Kenna and I just got back from the Lights concert. No, not the laser light show; the concert performed by  the music artist called Lights. Her music style is electro-rock and she is from Toronto. I had never heard of her when Kenna requested I take her to the show, but I went ahead and purchased tickets anyway.

Allow me to go off on a tangent for a minute. If you would ever like to learn to enjoy a certain activity, spend money on it. Ideally you would spend a lot of money. As any psychologist can explain, your sub-conscious mind will respond to your actions by formulating a reason why you would spend your hard-earned money. The only logical explanation is that you enjoy the activity.

With that in mind, it won't surprise you to learn that even though I purchased Lights tickets without having ever heard a single note of her music, I totally enjoyed the show. It also won't surprise you to learn that Kenna made the concert loads of fun. *Everything* is fun if you do it with Kenna.


4 comments:

Zimmerin said...

Fun!

Scott said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I've spent large sums of money on things I didn't enjoy--taxes, insurance, car repairs--but I guess your model of settling cognitive dissonances doesn't apply to non-voluntary payments.

Andrea said...

I love Kenna's cool sense of style and her love of music. It was fun seeing you guys today.

Russ said...

I've always thought seeing a band live was a better experience than just listening to a recording. I thought seeing them play made me appreciate the talent they have. But I think you're right in that some degree of the enjoyment comes from psychological reasons. It makes me feel superior to other people that just listen to them, I'm willing to go pay money to go see them. It must make me a better fan.