Friday, November 2, 2012

I won the lottery!!





This year, the Ogden Marathon and Half Marathon went to a lottery system. I guess the number of people who want to risk injury, get frostbite in winter training and heatstroke during the race, and set high-only-to-be-dashed expectations of their running performance outweighs the amount of saps the race sponsors can morally accept money from to do so. After running the Utah Grand Slam in 2010, my brain, self-confidence, and aged body was spent. I haven't done much running since but analogous to "forgetting" the pain of childbirth to brave more hardship with the faith that the second child will turn out better--oh, sorry--I mean, faith that more kids will bring more life joy, I am going back for more. Yep, I "WON" the lottery and will be running the 1/2 marathon in May. I am almost excited.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations! Will u be taking the pain in one lump sum or in increments over your lifetime?

Zimmerin said...

Um, congratulations?? :)

Scott said...

Oh, I've won the British lottery for over a million pounds (don't know how much that is in dollars), the Ghana lottery worth millions, and several others. I haven't collected on any of them yet, but I'm working on it. I just need to send some guy my bank account number and password, and I'll be a multi-millionaire. Anyway, congratulation on your great "win."

Russ said...

Good for you. I hate training for a race and not getting in because of the lottery. Fortunately, this hasn't happened to me in a long time. Unfortunately, it's not due to any lottery.