Thursday, November 1, 2012

Let's get this 30 day party-that-feels-more-like-a-headache started!

My lovely sister-in-law, Andrea Paxman challenged the Zimmerman family to a 30 blog posts in 30 days challenge and because I looooove her, I accepted. Brent accepted too so you're in for a LOT of Zimmerman news this month.

My first post is a little bit of a cheat since it is a recent update I wrote for my own family's website on MyFamily.com but, knowing that it's going to be difficult to come up with enough material for 30 days, I'm using it. Here's what's going on with us:

Brent is fabulous. He is being super nice to me lately and I'm not just writing that because I know he's checking the site more often. (Well, maybe I am doing it for that reason but it's still true.) He is working on a cool new healthy behaviors/weight management program that is different and great. If you are interested in being a test subject, let us know. Since I gained back 6lbs in 10 days of the 10lbs it took 6 weeks to lose, I think I am a prime candidate ;<

I am going to GREECE in May. Yep, Greece. My super fun, sweet neighbor who works for an airline asked if I wanted to go with her and I jumped at the chance. I'm saving up jokes and conversation bits and stockpiling headache meds for her so she doesn't regret inviting me on the week-long excursion.

I just finished sewing some more African dance skirts and jackets for an instructor who knows Todd and Todd's drum teacher well. She is darling. Sewing for other people is a little nerve-wracking. That said, any sewing project lately has given me a joyful feeling of productivity. I'll save one of my posts for more on this.

Todd bore a very nice testimony at our church a few weeks ago. Many mothers of young women were swooning. Hahaha. I guess won't flash them his report card. It is easier to be patient with his lack of organization and seeming ambivalence toward school when I think of what a good, good boy he is.

Todd got his driver's license today!! To clarify, he has his license but is still restricted from using it until completes the paperwork for his Eagle Scout award. Could be a long time. Will one of you give him a ride to my funeral? Oh thanks.

Kenna does not hate Jr. High. She does not hate bass lessons and she does not hate me. Halle-freaking-lujah! Her grades are up and despite some typical Jr. High girl insecurities, she is generally a happy girl. I love her.

She just got her hair cut. BANGS. So. Dang. Cute. She and Brent are going to a "Lights" concert next weekend. She is some Canadian (all the best ones are!!) singer that Kenna loves. Brent will do anything for baby Kenna. I don't blame him.

Today Alec is wearing the Calgary Flames hoodie that I got for Todd a million years ago. Crazy. My kids are getting so old. He is a happy, toothless boy. When kids start losing their teeth, they look like little trolls and he's no different. The fact that he never wants to shower is not helping. Gross. He just told me that he wants to sing in the Christmas Primary choir. Cute. When I try to pay him a compliment, he fills in anything I missed.
For example:
ME:"Alec. You are good at so many things. I am glad you want to start singing too."
ALEC: "I know, right? I am can dribble with both hands. I am like, THE BEST, at Math in my class. Plus, I am super nice to everyone. AND, I am killer on Minecraft."
ME: "Yes you are." Uh...healthy ego too.

I'm OUT. See you for the next 30 days.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Loved on the web site love it here! So excited to read EVERY POST!

Andrea said...

I'm so glad you and Brent are participating this year! I miss you like crazy and this blog is the next best thing to sitting at your kitchen table (and eating your candy). I would love to be a subject of Brent's recent healthy behavior/weight management program. After six months of constant running, I haven't lost an ounce. It could be all the candy that I am now eating around my kitchen table. I need an intervention! Can't wait to read all your future posts.

Scott said...

Fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Zimmerin said...

I sure love you guys! Oh, and Russ and I would love to be a couple of Brent's guinea pigs. :) It's gotta be better than what I've been doing...

Russ said...

Thanks for the update on the family.

I'm the heaviest I've been in my life, so it's time to start doing something. Like Erin said, I'm happy to be a guinea pig on Brent's project.